Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Beginning

Okay, here is the deal. I managed to aquire this 1982 Suzuki GS400 off of Kijiji for the grand sum of $40. Now one would think, $40...what a steal. Well in reality they probably should have paid me to take it away. This bike is missing more parts than it has. But this is exactly what I wanted. I just needed the backbone of a reasonable bike to build from. At this point I have decided that I am going to try to build a bobber. It should be interesting as I have absolutely no bike building experience and have never owned a bike. But one has to start somewhere. And at the very least it will be a learning experience for me.

I am guessing that I should unveil the beast before I go on too much about what my plans are. The pictures below are of the bike as I saw it advertised on Kijiji and then the progress of me taking it apart.








No comments:

Post a Comment