Sunday, September 26, 2010

More progress

Okay, so today my wonderful finace and I finished tearing down the bike. We basically got it torn down to a roller with the engine still in. It didn't take too long and was quite and enjoyable experience. I thought that removing the exhaust header would have been a nightmare. I was imagining broken studs, ton's of wd-40 and lots of swearing. It came off like a dream. I spent no more than 5 minutes on it. I don't know how I got so lucky. Either way, part way through I thought I should set the camera up on a tripod and take pictures as each piece came off. I put it together in a short video clip. I wish I had thought of it earlier. Oh well, such is life.


I was smart enough to make tags for marking all of the electrical connections. So I now have a wiring harness with tags everywhere describing what parts the connections go to.

Now is the fun part. We managed to get the beast into the basement. So we get to start the mockup. I will keep posting as we progress.

Cheers,

JW

No comments:

Post a Comment